Backstage Pass to NYFW
September marks the official kick-off to fall, and there’s no better way to get in the mood for a wardrobe revamp than a healthy dose of New York Fashion Week. For an insiders’ perspective on this coveted event, we tagged along with PR maven Vanessa von Bismarck, Partner of BPCM PR, and a few of her PR gurus to find out everything we wanted to know about fashion week and beyond.
Vanessa von Bismarck, Partner
1. Number of Fashion Week appearances? 15
2. Three things you can't live without during Fashion Week? My charger, my diptyque travel candle, and my Rimowa luggage
3. Describe your Joie look in three words or less. Easy, feminine, boho
4. How do you take your look from day to night? Accessories, heels and hair
5. Tip for dressing with style & comfort? Find your basics that you always look good in and build from there
6. Items you're coveting for fall? Parka, high boots, dresses
7. Your fashion mantra? With six pieces I should be able to travel for 4 days
8. What role do you find more challenging & why— mom or mogul ? Mom. It’s easier to reason with adults
9. How do you keep your team motivated during Fashion Week? Love and affection. Donuts and wine
10.Words of wisdom for anyone starting out in PR? Leave your ego at home, work hard, run toward the fire
11. Fashion Week wind down routine? Dinner with friends and family
12. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday in fall? Go hiking in upstate New York
Nancy Cuocci, Senior Fashion Director
1. Number of Fashion Week appearances? I’ve lost count – about 20
2. Three things you can't live without during Fashion Week? Caffeine, candy, and crystals
3. Describe you Joie look in three words or less. Effortless, cozy, luxurious
4. How do you take your look from day to night? A little cliché, but jewelry and a red lip usually do the trick
5. Tip for dressing with style & comfort? Steer clear of fuss
6. Items you're coveting for fall? Metallic booties
7. Your fashion mantra? Be yourself. Everything looks better when you feel confident in it
8. The best piece of advice you've received from Vanessa? To always have a sense of humor!
9. Your favorite model of the moment and why? Lineisy Montero because her skin is perfection
10. Go-to place for Fashion Week news? Business of Fashion and Vogue.com
11. Fashion Week wind down routine? Catching up on sleep, the gym and meditating…and getting to everything I said I’d do “after Fashion Week”
12. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday in fall? I don’t get to do it often enough, but I love to head out of the city for a hike with my pup
Sharon Park, Account Executive
1. Number of Fashion Week appearances? A couple of handfuls and a few fingers
2. Three things you can't live without during Fashion Week? Microsoft Excel, wine, and a great black wardrobe
3. Describe your Joie look in three words or less. Casual yet polished
4. How do you take your look from day to night? Lipstick and jewelry make all the difference
5. Tip for dressing with style & comfort? Shoes you can stand and walk in comfortably throughout the night
6. Items you're coveting for Fall? Booties and boots
7. Your fashion mantra? Easy on, easy off
8. The best piece of advice you've received from Vanessa? Socialize. Know the people, know the places, and be known
9. Your favorite model of the moment and why? Karlie Kloss. She’s the ultimate model of brains meets beauty meets women empowerment
10. Go-to place for Fashion Week news? WWD and Vogue.com
11. Fashion Week wind down routine? An appointment with my chiropractor and my masseuse
12. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday in Fall? Throw on a cozy knit sweater and head to the orchards to pick a few apples, drink some cider, eat a few cider donuts and enjoy the foliage
Anabelle Reade, Executive Showroom Assistant
1. Number of Fashion Week appearances? 2! (does working count as an appearance!?)
2. Three things you can't live without during Fashion Week? Coffee, my phone, and notebook
3. Describe you Joie look in three words or less. Easy, accessorized, clean
4. How do you take your look from day to night? Hair up to down
5. Tip for dressing with style & comfort? Don’t have too many layers
6. Items you're coveting for fall? Big earrings
7. Your fashion mantra? Start simple and accessorize
8. The best piece of advice you've received from Vanessa? Most mistakes can be fixed easily, as long as you own up to them as soon as possible
9. Your favorite model of the moment and why? Kaia Gerber. She’s effortless
10. Go-to place for Fashion Week news? WWD
11. Fashion Week wind down routine? Wine with friends
12. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday in fall? Spend time cooking dinner to enjoy outside on my roof
FALL FASHION MUST-HAVES
Celia G Sweater$328.00 $131.20
Anasophia Blazer$448.00 $179.20
Kaitrine Velvet Pants$288.00 $115.20
Joada Silk Dress$398.00 $159.20
Jewels Silk Dress$368.00 $147.20
Julita Silk Bomber Jacket$368.00 $147.20
Fahfia C Suede Dress$698.00 $279.20
Gittan Sweater Dress$398.00 $159.20
Paisli Fringe Sweater$358.00 $143.20
Darnella Leather Pants$898.00 $359.20
Josalind Relaxed Jean$198.00 $79.20
Kambree Satin Skirt$258.00 $103.20
Lahoma Velvet Heel$298.00 $149.00
Jean Embroidered Slide$228.00 $114.00
Jean Velvet Slide$228.00 $114.00
Yara Suede Bootie$328.00 $164.00
Akane Floral Heel$288.00 $144.00
More Sunday Girls
DJ & Painter
DJ, painter and fashion it-girl Inès Mélia is the epitome of Parisienne chic. With an ear for music and an eye for style, Inès has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry. Read on to learn more about her musical expertise, fashion inspiration and wanderlust lifestyle.
Lifestyle Blogger + Content Creator
Introduction: Self-love, authenticity, and empowerment – a few of the many things that attracted us to Amira Khan’s lifestyle blog. With a uniquely modest style, in a not-so-modest world, Amira takes us around her hometown of Manchester and chats with us about her career, style, and all of the refreshing traits that make her ‘Modest Mira’.
Street-style star and fashion tastemaker Monica Ainley de La Villardière juggles keeping traditional media alive while relishing in the new-found convenience of a digital age. We caught up with the Parisian-by-way-of-London Canadian and chatted all things career, style, Paris and podcast ‘Fashion: No Filter’.
Fashion Director, HarpersBAZAAR.com
This month's Sunday Girl wears many hats - figuratively and literally. Fashion Director, artist, writer, stylist, and above all wife and new mom, Kerry Pieri celebrates the daily balance of being a mother and businesswoman, with style and grace. Her genuine passion and happiness encourages us to do what we love, and love what we do.
Actress & Lifestyle Blogger
Actress, writer, producer, blogger - you name it, Grasie Mercedes does it…and she does it in style. As a NY native residing in LA, our June Sunday Girl thrives in all opportunities that Hollywood puts in front of her, both on and off screen. Grasie gives us a behind-the-scenes look at her love for the entertainment industry, fashion, beauty, and travel.
Co-Founder of Summer Fridays and Creator of You & Lu
For the month of May, we are focusing on all things mama’s, wellness, and the official kick off to summer. We’ve tapped into new mom, Summer Friday’s co-founder, and You & Lu creator to learn how she tackles motherhood, style, health and summer!
Fashion Bloggers & Photographers
Natalie and Dylana Suarez are soul mates when it comes to success and creativity, while shining as individuals through their own unique styles. We caught up with the sisters in their Dumbo pads to get a taste for what the other side of the bridge has to offer, and to talk all things fashion, travel and New York City.
Founder, Ropes of Holland
Physiotherapist-turned-fashion blogger, Lindsey Holland, takes us on a tour of her picturesque neighborhood in her favorite pieces from our Spring Collection, and talks all things style, travel and London.
Fashion Blogger + Globe Trotter
It’s February (aka “love month”), so we’ve turned to fashion blogger + globe trotter Sara Escudero of Collage Vintage to share what she’s loving right now. Having recently relocated from Madrid to LA with her photographer boyfriend, Diego Anciano, the magic that life in a new city brings is giving them a fresh outlook on all things to love
Founder of Chillhouse & Taste the Style
The holidays are a busy time of year, and by the time December rolls around we inevitably find ourselves wondering how we're going to survive another month of holiday cheer? Don’t you agree? This month, wellness and style expert Cyndi Ramiriz-Fulton shares how she keeps her mind, body and style aligned during this busy time of year. As the founder of Chillhouse Wellness Café and the editorial website Taste the Style, looking and feeling fabulous is part of her daily routine.
Co-Founders of The Hive
November marks the start of the giving season, but giving means many things for multi-tasking women balancing motherhood, entrepreneurship, making a difference, and time to call their own. This month, Co-Founders of The Hive, an online destination for new moms and beyond, share how they balance the demands of the holidays without compromising their style, sanity, or do-good attitudes.
Owner/Designer of EF Collection
Delicate fine jewelry is definitely having a moment in fashion. Whether layered, stacked, or mix and matched, celebrities and fashion “it” girls are flocking to Owner/Designer Emily Faith’s EF Collection to help define their jewelry style. We caught up with the Los Angeles native while in Paris showing her new collection to find out how she spends her time in the world’s most fashionable city and what she’s coveting for fall.
Founder of Guest of a Guest & Lingua Franca
As the end of summer nears, an escape to the coast is exactly what we need. Meet Rachelle Hruska MacPherson, founder of Guest of a Guest and Lingua Franca, as we chat motherhood, life in Montauk, and weekend dressing
Shop Owner of Milly & Grace Boutique
Off the shores of Cape Cod, we spend a Nantucket afternoon with Milly & Grace shop owner and mother of two, Emily Hollister. With a passion for her clients and bringing the local community together, this kind and humble spirit shares about the beginnings of a successful business, the East Coast lifestyle, and her excitement for Joie’s upcoming A La Plage capsule pop-up, available at Milly & Grace from August 4th – 14th.
Skai Jackson & Kiya Cole Mother-Daughter Goals
Child star, teenage role model and emerging style-icon all define actress Skai Jackson. Her number one fan and stunning mother, Kiya Cole, is with her every step of the way. This mother & daughter duo open up about a budding career, fashion inspiration, and what their close-knit family relationship is like off screen…
Emma Henderson & Victoria Beattie: Founders of The Beach People
Clear summer skies are just around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited to get whisked away, be carefree and inspired by our bucket-list destination travels. This month, Emma Henderson and Victoria Beattie of The Beach People, take us to the land down under, where they share their best-kept secrets and celebrate our A La Plage summer capsule collection and our exclusive Roundie towel collaboration to accompany our seaside escapes and beyond…
Founder of CamilleStyles.com
This season we celebrate our store opening at Domain Northside, and enjoy the sunny skies of Austin with Camille Styles, founder of CamilleStyles.com. A creative & energetic spirit, Camille welcomes us into her gorgeous home and shares with us a few of her favorite neighborhood spots while reminding us of the importance of living a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle
Social Editor at L’Officiel
As we wind down from the whirlwind that is fashion month, we spend a morning with Sabina Socol, the chic social editor of French fashion magazine, L’Officiel Paris. Always on top of the latest news, this “It Girl” shows us around her dreamy flat and shares her best kept secrets behind personal style, the best cuisine in town, and inspires us with her love of journalism to pick up a pen and start writing.
Creative Director & Owner of Blooms by Drea Floral and Event Design
This February, we’re celebrating the month of love with Andrea Swain, soon-to-be bride and event and floral designer behind Blooms by Drea. We catch up with Andrea at home as she effortlessly styles our bohemian and vintage-inspired pieces from our exclusive wedding capsule collection before jetting off to her own destination wedding in Cartagena, Colombia.
Fashion Director and Editor
For Fashion Director and Editor, Caroline Issa, it may not be all glitz and glam prepping for the fervor of fashion month in between editorial meetings, shoots and brand consulting. Yet this stylish sartorial influencer is as prepared as ever, taking her favorite looks from our exclusive winter capsule collection to the streets of Paris and getting us geared up for fashion month with a few of her tips & tricks of the trade.
TV Host and Fashion Journalist
It’s officially gift giving season and we’re celebrating with Louise Roe - author of Front Roe. Join us as we chat Sunday indulgences, unforgettable career moments, and all things holiday. This down-to-earth beauty is no stranger to “front row” experiences and is our go-to girl on cultivating personal style and leading a life filled with confidence.
Founder of Mara Carrizo Scalise Jewelry
Meet Mara Carrizo Scalise–the Argentinian jewelry designer whose passion for travel, eye for unusual vintage, and love for the simple beauty found in nature has influenced the concept behind her namesake jewelry line, handmade in LA. With a lengthy list of loyal celebrity clientele, Mara’s dainty, everyday pieces are the perfect complement to Joie’s perennially chic style. Keep scrolling to read more on the inspiration behind her collection and be sure to check out her pieces featured in the Joie Holiday Shop.
Founder and Partner of GOGOLUXE
Keeping up with the trends is no easy feat in an industry that’s always on the move. That’s why this month, we put the spotlight on in-the-know fashion retail and luxury brand consultant, Ramya Giangola. Named one of New York’s most fashionable women time and time again, Ramya has made a name for herself scouting and guiding “it" developments across design, travel, food and, of course, fashion. We catch up with the stylish working mom in her new Hollywood Hills home and get the scoop on all that’s new and noteworthy for fall…
SVP, Fashion Director at Saks Fifth Avenue
September is officially here and while many are mourning the last bit of summer, the fashion world has eagerly shifted gears in anticipation for the season’s long-awaited fall fervor. With the shows in full swing, we’ve tapped Saks Fifth Avenue’s SVP, Fashion Director and trend forecasting expert, Roopal Patel, for a few inside tips on navigating Fashion Week like a pro. Keep scrolling for her insider tips to survive the month-long fête.
Founder & Creative Director of Simone LeBlanc
Personal stylist turned LA’s most trusted gift-giving guru, Simone LeBlanc, created her dream job—traveling to alluring destinations to source and curate her well-adorned, lavish gift-boxes for friends, clients, and celebrities alike. This month, we sat down with the gifting queen in her Hollywood Hills home and talk personal taste, the meaningful touch, and of course, life on Sundays with her adorable daughter Lillian…
Founder of Crowell Lane Creative
Following our Malibu visit with Minnie Mortimer Gaghan, we cross coasts during the height of summer and relax oceanside in the Hamptons. Join us as Laney Crowell – founder of digital branding agency Crowell Lane— takes us to her favorite seaside shops and shares her personal fashion and interior style tips. With the quaint aesthetics of summer in the Hamptons and blooming flowers as our backdrop, we promise Crowell's view will make you want to pack a bag and head to the beach.
Co-founder of Vainité
To celebrate the summer collection and Joie’s coastal lifestyle, we're taking our summer vacation from the breathtaking shores of Malibu all the way to the pristine sands of Montauk. Join us as we travel coast-to-coast and catch up with Minnie Mortimer, co-founder of the luxury beauty experience Vainité, and the stylish Laney Crowell, founder of Laney Crowell Creative. Get swept away as we explore Minnie’s stunning oceanfront refuge and get a taste for her laid-back Los Angeles lifestyle. Then jet-set across the country with us next week for a relaxing stay in the Hamptons as we take a trip to the beach with Laney and talk summer essentials. After all, this season is all about travel and lasting memories, so why not pack your bags with your favorite Joie dress and take a vacation with us?
Founder of Max-Bone Boutique
In laid-back Malibu, California, where day trips to the beach and beautiful summer skies are endless, we tap this month’s Sunday Girl, the sophisticated globe trotter and Max-Bone founder & designer, Parisa Fowles-Pazdro. From the pristine sands of Zuma to the iconic Surfrider Beach, Malibu’s surfer style and bohemian way of life are the perfect backdrop for the Joie summer collection. This month we visit Parisa in her home away from home, the Max-Bone store in Cross Creek and talk summer getaways, Sundays in Malibu, and her adorable bulldog Mackintosh. We couldn’t help but be inspired by her carefree wanderlust, and we are sure you will agree.
Inspired, passionate, and accomplished are all attributes that can be used to describe our May Sunday Girls. We've tapped ten stunning women who are breaking barriers in their respective industries while doing an incredible job as parents. With today's working mothers prioritizing their careers and simultaneously dedicating time to raising their children, work-life balance has become an integral part of the everyday routine and each of our Sunday Girls go above and beyond just that. Even though Mother's Day only comes once a year, we believe that honoring great moms should happen year-round. Happy Mother’s Day to our Sunday Girls around the world.
Owner of Camelback Flower Shop
Now that spring has officially arrived and flowers are on all of our minds, we take a moment to chat with Scottsdale’s Camelback Flowershop owner Teresa Wilson about her Sunday routine, florals vs. fronds, and the inspiration behind her recently launched candle collection.
Founder of Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry
In celebration of the launch of Jennifer Zeuner's delicate jewelry line in Joie stores, we've tapped the Southern-based designer to talk all things Sunday, her secret formula for layering necklaces, and the unexpected muse that inspired her line.
With Valentine’s Day upon us, it would seem only natural to catch up with Rosie O’Neill, the sugar-loving co-founder of luxury candy boutique, Sugarfina—and chat Sundays, champagne gummies, and the love story that started it all…
This month, we sit down with Kassia Meador—the free-spirited pro-surfer, wetsuit designer, and photographer from Los Angeles—and talk life growing up in Southern California, inspiration and what’s in store for 2016…
The Trio Behind STRIIIKE
Meet the effortlessly talented Streicher sisters: Kristie, Ashley and Jenn, the trio behind STRIIIKE – a collaborative family business and beauty studio in Los Angeles where hair, makeup and feathered brows are artfully crafted under one roof.
PARTNERS AT SWEET LAUREL BAKERY
Friends-turned-business partners Claire Thomas and Laurel Gallucci are the duo behind whole foods focused baking company, Sweet Laurel Bakery.